James Unitt Parkes was a jeweller, silver merchant and goldsmith of J. Parkes & Co.
Parkes & Co. succeeded Dickinson in 1875, a firm reputedly founded in 1777. Parkes & Co. dealt in high class jewels, modern and ancient silver, gold, plate, miniatures, enamels and curiosities at 12-13 Vigo Street, Regent Street. The business was continued by James Parkes' son, Fraser, the sole partner of Robert Dicker at 8 Vigo Street. In 1897 and 1902 James Parkes' home address was Holmwood, Carlton Hill, Putney Hill, S.W. In 1910 he was living at Grangemuir, Wimbledon Common.
In 1890 JW bought a number of silver and jewelled items from him [#04525].
The Mayfair Directory, London, 1886-87, 1887-88; UK Census, 1901.