Prof. Dr Max Lehrs was the Director of the Print Room, Dresden, and as such was in contact with JW at the turn of the century, 1900-1903.
Lehrs was a museum curator and art historian. While working at the Kupferstichkabinett in Dresden, where he served as a curator from 1896 to 1904, He was in contact with JW regarding works for the Dresden EXhibition. A lithigraph by JW, belonging to William Heinemann, had mistakingly been included in the exhibition.
The Grove Dictionary of Art Online, ed. L. Macy, http://www.groveart.com (accessed 2004.10.01).