John Perry Godfrey was a solicitor.
Godfrey, attorney to Edward Clifton Griffith, was called to the Bar in 1868. Previous to this he had worked as a solicitor at 6 South Square, Gray's Inn in 1860 and at 5 South Square in 1861-1862. In 1875 Godfrey, on behalf of Griffith, served a writ to JW for the cost of the redecoration and repair of the Flemish Gallery in Pall Mall following JW's exhibition, JW having painted the walls with primrose, pink-grey and brown distemper, replacing the maroon cloth (#12173, #12180). Griffith also wanted JW to recompense the gallery for loss of income during the redecoration. JW admitted liability only for the cloth (#11442). JW was defended by James Anderson Rose (#12174). Later in his career, Godfrey acted as Commissioner for Oaths, PC Commissioner for the County Palatine of Lancaster, Commissioner in Admiralty, Commissioner for the colonies of Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and New South Wales, and for the province of Quebec and the Courts of Manitoba. He was a Parliamentary agent in 1895.
Incorporated Law Society of the United Kingdom, Incorporated Law Society's Calendar and Law Director, London.